The American Social History Project/Center for Media and Learning (ASHP/CML) is seeking an individual with strong web programming, organizational and advising skills as a full-time Web Developer/New Media Lab Digital Scholarship Advisor.
Managing and assisting in building online databases and educational websites, PHP/MySQL database programming, support for student digital projects.
The American Social History Project/Center for Media & Learning, a research center based at the City University of New York Graduate Center, is one of the oldest public history projects in the country. ASHP/CML oversees the Graduate Center’s New Media Lab, a facility for students and faculty to produce digital projects.
Please go to http://ashp.cuny.edu and http://nml.cuny.edu for more information.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have 2+ years related experience with:
- HTML5, and CSS.
- Experience with database and user interface design and programming
- Familiarity with Linux OS and APACHE web servers a plus
- Experience developing in CMS environments (preferably Drupal) and using WordPress
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks with time constraints
- Experience working collaboratively, preferably in higher education or other non-profit organizations
- Experience with consulting and advising
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary range: $46,000 – $55,000 depending on experience
Benefits: family health insurance, major holidays, vacation and sick leave
Start date: as soon as possible
Contact: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.