Internship opportunity for Summer/Fall 2013 with the Seamen’s Church Institute archives. All work done on site at Queens College Rosenthal Library, Department of Special Collections and Archives. Potential projects include:
- Web archiving with the Internet Archive’s “Archive-It” service;
- Contributing to SCI’s Digital Archives site;
- Contributing to archives blog and social media projects;
- Processing of paper records and completion of finding aid(s);
- Providing reference assistance to researchers.
Contact: email@example.com or 718 997 3650.
The Waldorf Astoria Archive seeks paid part-time archival intern
The Waldorf Astoria Archive collects and preserves materials that document the rich history of this world-famous hotel. The Archive seeks a part-time intern to manage both physical and digital collections to support The Waldorf Astoria brand – we anticipate 18-20 hours per week at a $12/hour rate of pay, with the work schedule being flexible within standard business hours.
- Preserving The Waldorf=Astoria’s history through the appraisal, processing, and digitization of organizational records, photographs, and various artifacts.
- Developing physical and digital collections through donations from corporate clients, guests, and staff.
- Implementing original online exhibitions, highlighting aspects of the collection, using the Archive’s Omeka-powered website www.waldorfarchive.org.
- Providing archival content to corporate communications, public relations, and sales & marketing departments to assist in the hotel’s marketing strategies.
- Responding to a moderate volume of internal and external research requests.
- Enrollment in or recent completion of an advanced degree program in Archives or Library and Information Science.
- Knowledge of archival theory, methodology, and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability employing metadata standards, particularly Dublin Core.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Some experience/comfort working with content management systems, with experience in web design and PHP a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Omeka.
- An interest in and knowledge of New York City history a plus.
The candidates should contact Matt Zolbe with their interest, experience and résumés at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WALDORF ASTORIA NEW YORK
301 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10022