Bedford Stuyvesant Early Childhood Development Center, Inc. (“BSECDC”) is a 56-year-old non-profit organization that uses a holistic approach to fulfill its mission of providing free, high quality, comprehensive educational and social services, to preschool children, ages 3 – 5 years old, their
families and the Brooklyn communities where we are located. Our goal is to provide our preschool children and their families with a love of lifelong learning and with the multi-disciplinarian foundation needed to succeed in college and in their careers. We approach our service from a
holistic perspective by looking at the needs and strengths of the whole child, the whole family and the whole community.
We are currently seeking an Accountant for our Fiscal Department. This individual will report to the Finance Director and will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying consolidating and entering transactions.
Job Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Maintaining the integrity of General Ledger.
- Ensuring services are reasonable, necessary and allowable under the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirement
- Preparing general journal entries
- Preparing revenue claims
- Approving vouchers for payment
- Reviewing payroll
- Preparing monthly accounting reconciliations
- Facilitating and complete monthly closing procedures; Analyzing revenues and expenses for accuracy
- Preparing Audit schedules
- Monitoring of internal controls
- Answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting
policy and regulations.
- Maintaining fiscal department confidentiality.
- Baccalaureate Degree, Major in Accounting
- Prior experience as an Account within a Non-Profit environment
- Knowledge of Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ prior experience as an Accountant
- Intermediate to advance skills in MS Excel, Fund EZ Software or other Non-Profit Fund accounting software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Problem solver with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Willingness to take initiative and to work independently.